“Operations keeps the lights on, strategy provides a light at the end of the tunnel, but project management is the train engine that moves the organization forward.” — Joy Gumz
To stay ahead in today’s competitive marketplace, companies are turning to project management to consistently deliver business results. A strong organization-wide commitment to project management leads to better results and long-term business value.
"80 percent of global executives believed having project management as a core competency helped them remain competitive even during the recession" Economist Intelligence report
To realize the important of project management competency, we provide project management training workshop which combine practical knowledge and experience from strategic, operational and leadership aspects. Our workshop can be applied in all function such as production, business development, sales and marketing, new product development, IT services, capacity expansion as well as cost reduction.
- Project management basic/advance
- Project execution simulation
Project management (basic/advance)
This project management workshop provides you the practical framework to effectively manage project responsibilities including initiating the project, defining scope, activities, budget, resources, preparing for the project risks as well as monitoring the implementation to ensure the project deliver values as expected.
- Learn systematic process to manage project for better results and minimize the failures.
- Gain commitment and agree in common targets.
- Effective planning and budgeting.
- Optimize work and resources scheduling.
- Minimize project risks.
- Monitor project implementation proactively.
- Manage project team to bring out their full potentials.
Learning methodology : case study, learning mat and team dialog
Project execution simulation
Surveys from Standish Research Group show surprisingly high failure rates in projects from 1994 till today. More than half (53 percent) of all projects are late and over budget! The average project cost overrun is 189 percent and the average time overrun as high as 222 percent!
From the observation, the common root causes were:
- Project sponsor (management) was not fully aligned, informed or commit.
- The project team turned out not to have the right competencies or the required resource.
- The organization (end users) didn't buy into the solution
This workshop is designed to help increasing rate of success in the project work by improving project team understanding of project condition, balancing stakeholder interest and expectation and being better prepared to deal with unexpected events and changing project conditions.
This workshop also helps you engage your project teams and key stakeholders to see the bigger picture and understand how to contribute to the project objectives especially the project team and stakeholders with limited practical experience of running a project
Participants gain experience from running the simulated project where they are challenged by problems and events in the different project phases. They have to monitor and manage the project conditions during the entire project process in order to know beforehand what they otherwise inevitably will discover in hindsight.
After the simulation, the participants can discuss their own projects. They prepare themselves and assess their real-life project conditions in term of leadership, alignment, teamwork, strategy and etc.
- Increasing strategic awareness of how the project increase business value
- Better ability to balance the needs of different stakeholder groups
- Heightened ability to read signs and symptoms of potential pitfalls in project
- Increasing your people’s involvement and commitment
- Creating common language for better communication